Re: so_rerror

    Date:        Wed, 7 Nov 2018 12:10:53 +0000
    From:        Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost>

  | It's clear that you don't care about auditability or traceability.
  | If I have any things running, which one was it discarded for and why?

We ought to have better kernel logging (something different than
the message buffer and test) where all kinds of errors and other
unusual events can be recorded, for analysis whenever that
analysis is needed.

  | You know what?
  | I no longer care.

Roy, that attitude doesn't help.   There will always be times in any
consensus project when the (most of) the rest of everyone don't
agree with something that you simply know is right,   I've had that
happen (not so much in NetBSD, but elsewhere) many times, some
of them I am still certain I was right.   But bitching about other people's
lack of foresight helps nothing.   And occasionally, there are even
times when I am/was wrong, and just couldn't see it at the time.

kre