route_protosw.pr_input

In net/rtsock.c, I don't understand where we use the 'pr_input' field of
COMPATNAME(route_protosw)[]. To me it can't be used: .pr_input takes a
variadic function, but if you grep through the tree, you can see that
the variadic .pr_input functions we call always take three arguments, as
opposed to raw_input() which takes five.

Therefore raw_input() is never called via .pr_input, and we can set the
field to NULL. Then we can switch all the .pr_input functions to be static
and not variadic.

This will clear a lot of confusion, and will allow us to find problems
related to types -- like this one.

Comments?