Re: state of netbt

Hi

While that may be strictly true, at this level we are parsing data provided by the local hardware itself and it should be noted that this can not be controlled by a malicious actor but only by the manufacturer of a device plugged into the machine AND enabled by the admin.

All the higher level parsing of data which could be constructed by a third party computer (l2cap and rfcomm protocols) does check it more thoroughly, as far as I know

If you think it is really necessary to parse this locally produced data in a more complete way, I can look at it later (I'm away sailing now)

Iain

--
On my phone