Re: Time to retire some ancient network pseudo-interfaces?

Le 07/08/2018 à 10:06, max%m00nbsd.net@localhost a écrit :
We could easily retire etherip. It has never been enabled (worse: the
option was not even present and commented out before I added it a few
months ago), the code is shitty, buggy (eg watch the man page) and not
MP-safe.

Above all, the EtherIP spec (RFC3378) actually recommends dropping
EtherIP and using L2TP instead. We do have L2TP -- written by the
Japanese guys, so it works, it's MP-safe and everything.

Basically people should use L2TP, and I don't see many reasons for
keeping etherip, especially if it's low quality code. Retiring it would
also prune one "unprotected" entry from the TODO.smpnet list.

So what's up? Are we fine? I will remove it soon...

Also, while I'm thinking about it, in terms of broken/unused interfaces
we also have NDIS, which I guess should be marked as "unprotected" in
TODO.smpnet, too.