Re: Time to retire some ancient network pseudo-interfaces?

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 07, 2018 at 10:29:25AM +0200, Maxime Villard wrote:
> >> Above all, the EtherIP spec (RFC3378) actually recommends dropping
> >> EtherIP and using L2TP instead. We do have L2TP -- written by the
> >> Japanese guys, so it works, it's MP-safe and everything.
> >
> > Does NetBSD has L2TPv3?
>
> Yes, see the man page.

Uh.  Yes, love to.  Which one, exactly?

nbsd70$ man l2tp
man: no entry for l2tp in the manual.
nbsd70$ man l2tpv3
man: no entry for l2tpv3 in the manual.
nbsd70$ man L2TP
man: no entry for L2TP in the manual.
nbsd70$ man L2TPv3
man: no entry for L2TPv3 in the manual.
nbsd70$ apropos l2tpv3
apropos: No relevant results obtained.
Please make sure that you spelled all the terms correctly or try using better keywords.
nbsd70$ apropos l2tp
racoon.conf (5)   configuration file for racoon
...is allowed for the special case of a single user connecting to a gateway using an iPhone. On an iPhone, L2TP over IPSEC only supports main mode with pre-shared keys (no certificates). Unfortunately racoon only supports pre-shared-key...

nbsd70$ uname -a
NetBSD nbsd70.ov.greenie.net 7.0.1 NetBSD 7.0.1 (GENERIC.201605221355Z) i386

gert

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert%greenie.muc.de@localhost