Re: Time to retire some ancient network pseudo-interfaces?

> On Jul 12, 2018, at 11:57 AM, Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> On 12.07.2018 20:37, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>>

>>> On Jul 12, 2018, at 11:37 AM, Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:
>>>
>>> strip I would keep it around as it's harmless.
>>
>> But what purpose would that serve?
>>
>> -- thorpej
>>

> Certainly limited, but occasionally people test such drivers and
> devices, others take inspiration from them.

1- No one can test STRIP ... I mean, really, I am pretty sure no one has one of these radios anymore, and it's a firm requirement.

2- STRIP took its inspiration from SLIP, and I have withdrawn my proposal to remove that.

STRIP is quite possibly the deadest wood in the tree at this point.

-- thorpej