Re: New class of receive error

On 13/05/2018 13:13, Jason Thorpe wrote:
If they get a new error code in a new situation, they don’t.

I've thought about this for some time, and respectfully I disagree.

A new error code (remember, it's just errno being set not the return value) is no different from a new RTM_* message being added and no-one has claimed thus far that breaks binary or source compatibility.

Roy