Re: New class of receive error

On *NetBSD* it is, and that’s what matters.  I get that other OSs have this behavior, but another OS might play Towers of Hanoi, too, but NetBSD doesn’t and programs written to NetBSD’s historic behavior don’t expect it.

Never mind that ENOBUFS is kind of a weird error on a receive call... I’m not really objecting to the behavior, and I understand why it’s useful; I’m objecting to it being the default behavior because of the compatibility issue.

I have to think about this sort of thing at my Day Job all the time, so I’m particularly sensitive to it, I suppose.

-- thorpej
Sent from my iPhone.