Re: DHCP over WiFi issues on RPI

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 6:57 AM, Ted Lemon <mellon%fugue.com@localhost> wrote:
> It sounds like you're not successfully joining the WPA network.   I assume that if you just configure a static IP address, you get no joy?

Nah, if he's watching the DHCP request from a 3rd party in the L2
domain, that machine is connected at layer 2.

This might not be helpful, but does that machine happen to be one of
the new pi 3 b+ models? I'm still on raspbian on mine and having
hardware/network issues. All of my other pi models are solid.

My wired interface shows "NO CARRIER" after reboots sometimes even
though there is green light on the port. Wifi is flaky as well.

Andy