Re: Preloading libraries to override BSD IPC function symbols and recursion

> Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 12:12:24 -0400
> From: Matthew Mondor <mm_lists%pulsar-zone.net@localhost>
>
> If in my nonet test I dlsym(3) "__socket30" instead of "socket", it
> works fine.  Which begs the question: how are those programs expected
> to know which symbol to use (they expect the standard symbol name).
> Some tricks can be used to discover it, of course.
>
> But is there a better solution to always get this right?

Not really.  Overriding symbols is a black art in the first place, of
course...  I'll leave further discussion of symbol versioning and ELF
to experts on the subject like joerg, but here's the patch I sent to
torsocks to fix the same issue: