Re: Preloading libraries to override BSD IPC function symbols and recursion

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 20:32:51 +0100
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 12:12:24PM -0400, Matthew Mondor wrote:
> > But is there a better solution to always get this right?
>
> I'm not aware of any compiler intrinsic to get the linker name of a
> given variable or function. Neither exists for symbol versioning.

Thanks.  Do you think that it could be feasible (i.e. in a future
NetBSD release) to always use/present the official symbols and have
them mapped transparently by the kernel/compat modules depending on
version information from the ELF header rather than using public
versioned linker names (or was it previously done this way and changed
for a reason)?  I assume (possibly wrongly), that these versioned
symbols are used for binary compatibility?

Thanks again,
--
Matt