Re: nfs kernel booting is slow

> On 21/11/2017, at 12:10 PM, scole_mail <scole_mail%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately, these are all
> unmanaged switches

That is going to be a problem if the cause of the slow boots is rate related.

At this point I would recommend keeping the 10/100 switch, if only for your powermac. Apple’s OpenFirmware in the powermacs is notorious and the fact that you have a way get it to boot reliably means that you are already winning. If someone asks why you have a 10/100 switch as well as a 1Gb/s switch, you just need to point at the 10/100 switch and say “that’s the box that lets my powermac boot”.

I still have one or two 10Mb/s hubs for connecting to some of my own antiques.

Cheers,
Lloyd