Re: pppoe, dhcpcd v6 and renew

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 09:27:57PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> [...]
> But ifwatchd doesn't notice the status change:
> chassiron#/home/bouyer>ifwatchd -v pppoe0
> up_script: (null)
> down_script: (null)
> arrival_script: (null)
> departure_script: (null)
> carrier_script: (null)
> no_carrier_script: (null)
> verbosity = 1
> interface "pppoe0" has index 6
> [and nothing more]
>
> maybe ifwatchd filters on interface type, or something ?

reading the sources, I figured that ifwatchd doesn't print events if there's
no script for it, even in verbose mode.
So I added a script which does a dhcpcd -k and start a new one on link up
events, and now ipv6 comes back up automatically after a modem reboot.

Still would be nice if dhcpcd could do this by itself, but at last I have a
workaround ...