Re: Slow transmission with Marvell SKnet

Robert Swindells wrote:

>>While the receive-speed is quite constant, the transmit-speed varies a
>>lot, depending on the machine and NIC on the other end of the FTP
>>connection. For example I have seen less than 50 KiB/s on a iBook G4
>>(NetBSD/macppc) with gem(4), where the rate quickly oscillates between
>>20 and 200 KiB/s during the transmission.
>
> Sounds to me like a PHY negotiation problem on the other end of the
> link.

I would be surprised when there is a problem on the non-sk(4) end of the
link, as it never happens when no SKnet NICs are involved.

Would it change something when I configure a kernel with ukphy at sk instead
of makphy at sk?

> Have you tried testing with a crossover cable between the test machines
> and no switch ?

No, I didn't. Might be worth a check. I will try it this evening and report
back. Thanks!

--
Frank Wille