Re: patch make struct protosw pr_input non-variadic

In article <20170112181415.D48EF6034C%jupiter.mumble.net@localhost>,
Taylor R Campbell  <campbell+netbsd-tech-net%mumble.net@localhost> wrote:
>   Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 09:45:52 -0800
>   From: Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost>
>
>   I don't think the additional ugliness is worth it.  Why not just
>
>   #define pr_input do_not_use
>
>   to prevent it's use?
>
>I don't understand how that helps to solve the problem of giving
>compiler-checked protocol-dependent types to the input routines.

Because we only care about netinet{,6} and doing that in the
inet headers can just prevent its use there while retaining the varyadic
nature of the input function in the rest of the tree?

christos