Re: PATCH to mark IPv6 addresses DETACHED when down or link down

On Friday 19 August 2016 11:48:51 Matthew Mondor wrote:
> On Thu, 30 May 2013 14:02:50 +0100
>
> Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost> wrote:
> > When a link status reports no carrier, or an interface is brought
> > down the state of all IPv6 addresses remains the same.
> > This means that when carrier is up or the interface is brought up no
> > duplicate address checking is performed.
>
> I've not checked yet if something similar was committed, but I noticed
> an issue on NetBSD-7 where if the ethernet link is down daemons are no
> longer able to bind to v6 interfaces (which are seen as detached via
> ifconfig).  This appears to be a bug, because this used to work fine
> and still does on v4 addresses.  It is problematic when booting up and
> the ethernet link is down, as daemons then need to be restarted.

I tried to email you directly, but got this reply from your MTA

Reporting-MTA: dns; mail.marples.name
Arrival-Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 22:35:02 +0100 (BST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; mm_lists%pulsar-zone.net@localhost
Remote-MTA: dns; smtp.pulsar-zone.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 571 Delivery not authorized, message refused