Re: gif(4) MP-ify by psref [was Re: passive references]

   Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 16:28:15 +0900
   From: Kengo NAKAHARA <k-nakahara%iij.ad.jp@localhost>

   I back to gif(4) MP-ify, since I could eliminate bottleneck of
   MP-scalable bridge(4) to support wm(4) TX multiqueue.

   I rebase my gif(4) MP-ify patches and reflect latest psref(9) and
   pslist(9) implementation. Here is the patch series.
       http://www.netbsd.org/~knakahara/gif-psref/gif-psref.tgz
   And here is the unified patch.
       http://www.netbsd.org/~knakahara/gif-psref/unified-gif-psref.patch

Nice!  I don't have time to review it right now, but I'll try to find
some time in the next few days.  Have you done any throughput tests
yet, or tried observing the effect of `ifconfig gif1 create' on the
flow through gif0?  I'm particularly curious to see how bad it is to
just encap drop packets while `ifconfig gif1 create' is running.