Re: RFC: new ifnet MP-scalable sending interface

   Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 13:22:40 +0900
   From: Kengo NAKAHARA <k-nakahara%iij.ad.jp@localhost>

   Does anyone have any comments or objections? If there is no objection,
   I will commit this patch after a few days or a few weeks.
       http://www.netbsd.org/~knakahara/if-transmit/if-transmit.patch
       # rebased, no functional changes

Two little suggestions:

- Why not call the struct ifnet member `if_enqueue'?

It may be confusing to add a new verb `transmit' to a lexicon that
already has a lot of local jargon.

- Have you considered making all callers use the ifq_enqueue function,
instead of calling the if_transmit member directly?

Generally, I would like to see a clearer separation between
(a) the responsibilities of a driver (`fill in ifp with functions
  that implement your functionality'), and
(b) the responsibilities of a caller in the network stack (`call
  ifq_enqueue to send a packet off to the driver').
But maybe in this case it doesn't matter so much, if there's no
additional logic in ifq_enqueue.