Re: blacklistd and IPv6 mapped IPv4 addresses

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 07:46:00PM +0000, David Laight wrote:
> A host on a v6 only network might put v4mapped addresses on the
> wire when talking to remote v4 systems via some kinds of gateways.

These gateways (NAT64, DNS64) usually do not not use ::ffff:<v4> but
<prefix>::<v4>.

I'm fairly sure that there is an RFC that actually explicitely forbids
v4-mapped addresses from showing up on the wire - it's an internal
representation.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert%greenie.muc.de@localhost