Re: vether vs tap [was Re: Simplify bridge(4)]

> What is different in the idea of vether(4) that would make
> <https://gnats.netbsd.org/40139> work?

What goes wrong with it?  Does it not show you PR 40139 or something?

I'm going to assume that that Web URL is just a peculiar way of saying
"PR 40139", largely because the PR appears closely related.  According
to the PR, this has nothing to do with tap(4).  To quote cube@'s
update, "It's not an issue with tap(4) (the same happens if you replace
it with any other Ethernet interface).  If you run ktrace on dhclient,
you'll see that it receives the packet on its udp socket for port 68.
I don't know why it rejects it though.".

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign