Re: Simplify bridge(4)

>> tap(4) is a direct interface between userland and the network.
>> vether(4) would not be (although you could use BPF, etc.).  [...]
> As someone who tinkers with virtual machine emulators (PDP-10, PDP-11
> etc) I like tap(4) very much, [...].  It would be REALLY inconvenient
> if suddenly NetBSD would change methods, and need not only
> NetBSD-dependent code but also NetBSD-version-dependent code.

I don't think anyone has proposed getting rid of tap(4) here - I would
hope not, because, as you point out, it fills a real need - but I can
certainly see how you could fear that.

To whoever suggested vether(4) - jnemeth, I think - was getting rid of
tap(4) any part of what you meant?

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign