Re: dhcpcd: re1: DHCPv6 REPLY: iana not found

On Fri 05 Feb 2016 at 11:38:46 +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
> > Feb  4 20:51:48 murthe dhcpcd[10390]: re1: DHCPv6 REPLY: iana not found
>
> That message is from the DHCPv6 server.

So I guess I'll have to go to AVM, the maker of the Fritz!Box, probably.
Could it refer to some option that dhcpcd is sending, or failing to
send? I see these few references to iana in the dhcpcd source:

dhcp-common.c:vivso_find(uint32_t iana_en, const void *arg)
dhcp-common.c:          if (opt->option == iana_en)
dhcp-common.c:          if (opt->option == iana_en)

(I didn't look at that in context yet so this may be barking up the
wrong tree.)

(There seem some other weird things with the Fritz!Box and IPv6 so it
may well be its problem!)

> The kernel markes the address as deprecated when the preferred lifetime
> expires but the valid lifetime is still ticking.

Makes sense. But is it possible to simply ignore the lifetime and set
the addresses as fixed? Because in practice they are supposed to be,
with this ISP.

> I don't see dhcpcd doing anything wrong there.
> Why not add the -d option to the commandline or add the debug directive
> to dhcpcd.conf?

I'll do that when I am free to experiment a bit more.

> Roy
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'