Re: Removing ARCNET stuffs

On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 04:15:15PM +0200, Anders Magnusson wrote:
 >> printfing from the back of the front end is definitely "totally wrong
 >> in other ways that need to be rectified first" :(
 > Hm, I may be missing something, but what is wrong?
 > Where should you print it out otherwise?

I would say the debug information ought to be attached to the
representation nodes it describes as it moves through the backend;
otherwise it's easily upset by fairly simple transformations.

but I don't claim to have ever implemented debugging support in a
compiler, so don't pay too much attention...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost