Re: Run mcast tests on rump kernel

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 02:32:12AM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>> Thanks for doing that, it is very nice. Go ahead and commit it.
>
> Yes, agreed, but...
>
>> I've been thinking though that it would be nice to have an easy way
>> to run the tests (that make sense to be able to) in real (non
>> rump) mode. Not by default, but manually from the command line.

With my patch, the mcast executable is still runnable by manual.

> Can we just keep the old version additionally and make them skip if
> there is no default route (or something similar, easily testable inside
> the scripts), so they just run on "normal" machines, but don't fail on
> the anita test bed? They all just pass on all of my test runs currently.

I think it's better to have environment-independent, fixed tests
instead of switching tests according to environments. Rump kernels
should be able to mimic your test environment and in that case all
tests should pass.

So please show me your test environment (ifconfig and netstat -nr).
I will tweak t_mcast.sh to reproduce that.

  ozaki-r