Available network kernel projects?

Hello,

I was on #netbsd on freenode and Riastradh mentioned that there may be more
progress made on SMP networking, especially the Virtual Network Stacks
project (sounded cool and fun), than the project list on the wiki may lead
one to believe. What is the current state of this?

If the information is out of date, which of the list of the networking
projects may be available to work on or help with?

Referencing:
- http://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/all
- http://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/virtual_network_stacks/
- http://www.netbsd.org/~matt/smpnet.html

Looking to get started in netbsd kernel development in either networking or
filesystem space (if I can choose).

I realize 7.0 is right around the corner, so you may be busy; I appreciate
your help!

-Chris Humphries