Re: ixg(4) and Intel X540?

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015, Christos Zoulas wrote:

In article <alpine.NEB.2.11.1502200737240.850%chris.i8u.org@localhost>,
Hisashi T Fujinaka  <htodd%twofifty.com@localhost> wrote:
I would suggest suggest sending the card to someone who volunteered to
look at the driver (like msaitoh) but doesn't have the hardware.

Or he could try to merge the diffs from FreeBSD, the code was similar
last time I checked.

Really? The FreeBSD driver for 1G Intel parts is much more like the
Linux driver and ours is this one-file thing that I couldn't decipher. I
never looked at the 10G driver because I was afraid it would be similar.

At a minimum there's some PHY code you're going to copy over (PHYs are
supposed to set themselves up with no help but that's really nonsense)
and some device IDs. Then comes the validation.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost
BSEE + BSChem + BAEnglish + MSCS + $2.50 = coffee