Re: connect to 0.0.0.0 vs ::

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 02:20:44PM -0800, Dennis Ferguson wrote:
> I'm still wondering about the exact semantics, though.  If you restrict
> your service to a local address that isn't 127.0.0.1, does telnet 0.0.0.0 80
> still pick 127.0.0.1 for the connection, or does it find an address that
> the port 80 service is actually listening for?  That is, is the 0.0.0.0
> replaced by just any address, or does it actually go and look for addresses
> bound to the port 80 listener?

And if there are different port 80 listeners on different IP addresses
on that machine, which one will it talk to?

(No particular opinion, just something that needs to be decided)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert%greenie.muc.de@localhost
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert%net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de@localhost