Re: quagga proposing to drop support for systems without IPv6

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 09:39:00AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> (quagga is one of the leading Free Software routing protocol daemons, and
> runs well on NetBSD.)
>
> quagga is proposing to drop the "--disable-ipv6" flag, which avoids
> including v6 headers.  One will still be able to turn off OSPFv3 (for
> v6) and RIPng.
>
> This seems fine for us; I'm pretty sure not even mouse@ has a running
> NetBSD system without v6 header files :-) I can't pin down the date from
> memory, but I think we had IPv6 in the 2nd half of the 90s.

post-netbsd-1.4, June 1999, if I read that cvs log right. First release
would have been netbsd-1.5

	-is

--
A medium apple... weighs 182 grams, yields 95 kcal, and contains no
caffeine, thus making it unsuitable for sysadmins. - Brian Kantor