Re: struct ifnet and ifaddr handling [was: Re: Making global variables of if.c MPSAFE]

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Ryota Ozaki <ozaki-r%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> Here is a latest patch:
> http://www.netbsd.org/~ozaki-r/watchdog-callout-per-if.diff

OK from me.

> So my remaining concern is whether we can embed callout_t with _KERNEL
> which I proposed earlier. If the answer is no, the above patch that
> uses a pointer of struct callout is okay for me.

As far as I read netstat(1) (doing kvm_read(3) with sizeof(struct
ifnet)), with/without struct callout * works, because netstat(1)
doesn't read that member anyway.

Maybe putting #ifdef _KERNEL with a XXX comment like /* XXX kvm(3) */
is good enough for now.