Re: something is randomly closing ssh-tunnels (was: ipfilter randomly dropping..)

Petar Bogdanovic <petar%smokva.net@localhost> wrote:
> During the past few weeks the ssh-tunnels to a remote machine started
> failing randomly.  In a previous mail to tech-net I prematurely blamed
> ipfilter because disabling it yielded some immediate success.
>
> Unfortunately, subsequent testing showed that having npf enabled instead
> eventually lead to the same issues.
>
> <...>
>
> P.S. pcaps of one "failed" tunnel are here:
>       http://smokva.net/pcap/crane.tgz

Are you using 6.x or -current?  If latter, is it the latest -current?
You can feed the pcap file to npftest [1] using your config and see what
is going on with NPF state tracking.

[1] http://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/usr.sbin/npf/npftest/README

--
Mindaugas