Re: IPv6 socket behaviour different to IPv4?

On 4/06/2014 4:05 AM, Roy Marples wrote:
On 03/06/2014 16:40, Darren Reed wrote:
But when I configure "fd00::1" or "1::1" as an IPv6 address, I would
expect that the system should be able to recognise that there is no
desire on my part to change the address should a conflict arise but
I can't see any way for the kernel to divine that when it is just given
an IP address.

Why do you have this desire?
If any address is on-link, DAD needs to be performed.

Put yourself in an IPv6 only world...

In your /etc/hosts file, you have an entry in it for an IPv6 address
to be assigned to your hostname and no other line with your hostname.

As soon as you disconnect from the network, you can no longer do
"ssh hostname".

Darren