Re: RFC: mpsafe bridge and NIC drivers (vioif and wm)

On 3/06/2014 11:06 PM, Ryota Ozaki wrote:
Hi Darren,

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 9:16 PM, Darren Reed <darrenr%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:
I assume this to be related to what rmind is doing, yes?
Yes and no. We have a same goal (networking parallelism), but we're
working on different components; he is mainly at L3 and above, and
we are below L3. We collaborate a little to avoid overlapping each
effort, but we are working separately.

In so much as it is possible, I would suggest following on what rmind
is doing to make the code paths lock free as much as possible ... or are
you introducing locks that he's removing? For example, looking at the
code, you're adding locks around IFQ_DEQUEUE but he's removing that
macro and locks ... or?

Are you all committing to the same branch/tree?

Darren