Re: SCTP, DCCP and MobileIP

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 09:46:13AM -0400, Mouse wrote:
> >> I have been doing some work on taking the remaining network
> >> protocols that were developed by the Kame Project and trying to get
> >> them to work on NetBSD-current.
>
> > How does the real-world applicability of these protocols rate
> > compared with other urgent networking needs like an SMP network
> > stack?
>
> Data point: I'm on a gig right now that's using SCTP on Linux.  They
> say they'd like to run on BSD as well, but that's pretty much a
> nonstarter without SCTP.

Whether the KAME sctp code works well enough to be usefulis another
matter entirely.

The company I work for did pull the sctp code from the freebsd cvs
(I guess this was based on the KAME code) quite a few years ago
and then plumbed it into the windows kernel!
(For our kernel code to use).

It 'sort of' works, but I don't want to stress it and have to
find and fix the bugs.
We also stubbed out all the IPv6 support.

The code was being changed while we were porting it, and has changed
a lot since - and we haven't tried to copy forward any updates.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost