Re: Missing interface route?

On 2014-02-21, at 17:56, Mouse <mouse%rodents-montreal.org@localhost> wrote:

> I found one of my systems failing to add an interface route upon
> bringing up an interface under some circumstances.  After a bit of
> digging, I tracked it down.  The same bug is present on 4.0.1 and 5.2,
> so I thought I'd mention it here in case it's survived into versions
> people here still care about.  (It is not present in 1.4T AFAICT; it's
> not _that_ longstanding.)

> commit aa6d18f7f23dbdc2aa27a35f8903fcacf279a57d
> Author: Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost>
> Date:   Fri Feb 21 17:20:59 2014 -0500
>
>    When adding an interface route, test "do we have a route already?" more
> correctly.
>
>    Without this fix, if I do
>       ifconfig a 10.0.0.2/30
>       ifconfig b 10.0.0.99/24
>    the second one does not produce an interface route.

It appears that this is needed in NetBSD-current too. I tested using ifconfig’s
alias option but I presume that is irrelevant. Without Mouse’s patch the second
route is missing, with the patch it appears.

I notice, however, that when I remove the aliases (using delete), both routes
are present until I remove the last alias. Is there a need for a similar patch
in the code that removes the routes? Perhaps in in_scrubprefix?

Regards,
Sverre