Wi-fi problems with channel 12

Hello,

I use my laptop to connect to wi-fi from 3 different locations.

At one of these locations, the most important for me, the chap who
manages the router changed the AP channel from automatic to 12. Since
then I can't connect to the router on Netbsd, but I have no problems
when using Windows 7 (I haven't tried on Linux yet). I can see the AP,
but the connection times out immediately.

There are about 25 APs in the building so I can understand the
neighbour wanting to use an unused channel and avoid interferences.

The only temporary solution I've found is to manually specify:

# ifconfig iwn0 chan 12

then it will pick up the router and connect fine, but I'll have to do
this at every reboot.

Is this intended behaviour or are there any specific limitations with
using some channels on Netbsd?

Thanks

--
Ottavio