Re: comprehensive test/verification of NIC checksum offload hardware

fair@ wrote:

> Do we have any tests in our test suite to verify the correctness
> of IP/TCP/UDP checksum offloading hardware in the various
> Ethernet NICs (e.g. wm, bge, gem, hme)?

I usually used tcpdump(8) and vmstat(8) -e with
options IP_CSUM_COUNTERS, UDP_CSUM_COUNTERS, TCP_CSUM_COUNTERS
in the debug kernel with a dumb HUB to monitor packets on other machines.

iptest(1) and ipsend(1) might also help to send bad packets with
IP header options etc.

---
Izumi Tsutsui