Re: ifconfig v2

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 07:53:13PM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
> On 12/06/2013 18:49, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> >it's more complicated than that; there are cases (e.g. mixing
> >offload-enabled an non-enabled interfaces in a bridge) breaks things
> >in subtle ways, and it's not the ethernet driver's fault.
> >So yes, I need to see them.
>
> If you know enough about creating bridges and enabling offload then
> you ought to also know to see this information via the -v flag.

my comment was about enabling offload by default.
If it's enabled by default, then the default ifconfig view should show
if offload if there or not.

> For example, the ip output from Linux

I wouldn't quote linux network tools as example myself, I've always found
them hard to use. How to find the information you're looking for is not
obvious.