Re: Patch to implement SIOCGIFINDEX

On 2/04/2013, at 12:13 PM, Ty Sarna <ty%sarna.org@localhost> wrote:

> The following short patch implements SIOCGIFINDEX as found on Linux
> (and maybe elsewhere), which translates an interface name to its index.

Thanks Ty. I would have a use for such a feature in my SNMP AgentX sub agent
that handles queries for NetBSD bridge information. Your patch is missing
documentation for the ioctl though. Having to grovel through the kernel source
looking for useful ioctl codes is somewhat less productive than getting my
program written.

Cheers,
Lloyd