Re: mapping ICMP codes to Unix errno code numbers

On 26/03/2013, at 7:46 AM, "Erik E. Fair" <fair%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> I suggest:
>
> EPEERPERM     (number TBD)    "peer refused permission"
> or
> ERMTPERM      (number TBD)    "remote host refused permission"

How about EACCESS? EACCESS is within the POSIX spec for connect(), but it
currently has no documented use for TCP connections. That way we don't need to
invent a non-standard error number so the userland code is more portable and
the patch may end up being mostly documentation to explain how the use of
EACCESS has been extended.

Cheers,
Lloyd