Re: ftp diags with multiple peer addresses, some unreachable

Ignatios Souvatzis <is%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> My proposal is to suppress, in terse mode only, the error message
> *for EHOSTUNREACH* if we still have more addresses to try.

That's arguably reasonable, and an improvement on the current behavior.
But I'd go one step further and say:

  in terse mode, suppress all EHOSTUNREACH
  if after looping through all addresses, print
    "ftp: Can't connect to any address of <name>"

That said, I don't object to your change - I think it's progress.