Probable issue with ip6_nput() With respect to ip6_forward_rt.

Hi All,

I have a query,

There seems to be a small bug with ip6_forward_rt cached route.

In ip6_input(), before we check this cache, we don't check whether this cache is invalid i.e because of the destination address to which this forwarding route is pointing to is currently assigned to our interface.

Ex:

suppose currently:

we have default gateway and even enabled forwarding capability. So this cache is pointing to default gateway/interface. All packet destined to IPv6 address X are forwarded to that default gateway.

 Now if we assign that address X to our interface itself, then

Still we will be forwarding packets destined to IPv6 address X to default gateway rather than taking it up.

-Nithin