Re: hpn_buffer_size

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 02:52:41PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> It does strike me that you aren't moving enough data for measurements to
> be particularly useful.  The SSH negotiation will have a significant
> impact.

I tried more, FILE is a regular file (a cd-image) the results are pretty
much the same.  Also not every application gets the same results.  An
ssh-tunneled bacula restore for example drops down to 100-200 KB/s while
the same restore gets ~590 KB/s to a netbsd-4 / netbsd-6 host (w/o HPN)
or fantastic 60 MB/s over gigabit to a Laptop (Cipher: arcfour).