receiving and sending packets to 255.255.255.255

Two questions regarding the all-ones aka limited-broadcast aka INADDR_BROADCAST
address:

1. Is ist true/documented that I only receive broadcasts directed to that
address if I listen on INADDR_ANY aka 0.0.0.0?

2. When I want to send to that address, how do I specify the interface to send
on (or network to send to)? I thought that was determined by address the
sending socket was bound to, but that seems not to be true.