Re: Retiring dhclient

On 24/11/2011 06:35, David Young wrote:
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 10:57:48PM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
On Fri, 2011-11-18 at 09:58 -0600, David Young wrote:
This is one of those cases where the DHCP client should use a hook to
decide.  You definitely don't want to hard-code the policy.

(I like dhcpcd a lot, really, but sometimes it has hard-coded a policy
where there was already precedent for different people setting different
policies.)

Can you give examples of these hard coded policies?
I'd to take the challenge of providing a dhcpcd.conf entry to make it
work how you like, or patch dhcpcd to make it so :)

For example: