Re: NetBSD 5.1 TCP performance issue (lots of ACK)

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 06:03:18PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> I've been playing with glusterfs a bit today, and found some performance
> differences between NetBSD and linux, which I tracked down to our TCP
> stack. Basically, between a NetBSD/linux pair, performances are much
> better than between 2 NetBSD hosts.

What kind of network interfaces have these machines? And are you really
using NetBSD 5.1 or NetBSD 5.1_STABLE? Have you enable hardware
checksums under NetBSD? Linux turns them on by default.

If you use NetBSD 5.1 and the machines have bge(4) interfaces I wouldn't
be surprised that you get bad performance. An update to NetBSD 5.1_STABLE
should help in that case.

        Kind regards