Re: NetBSD and USB 3G/4G dongles

Bernd Ernesti wrote:
On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 05:25:41AM +0100, Darren Reed wrote:
[..]

I've got a feeling that there's a need for some tweaking.

Quite a few times the modem would "CONNECT" but then pppd would say
that the modem had told it to hangup and terminated the call. It felt
like there was a race condition or two in timers.

I'm not sure if I'll persist with it for a whole lot longer - when I
did get it connected, the only O2 IP# that I could reach was the DNS
server and the DNS server was returning its own IP# for _every_ query
sent to it :-/

I don't know if further authentication is/was required, but this device
is just a hand-me-down to try out and has limited support...

Mine required es registration and you also need to have some
money left on that account.

Btw, did you add a pin number or was that already done?

I added and stored the PIN...

And finally I got it connected with the right CGDCONT string but...

Hmmm, maybe I had the wrong one, will need to retest...

But anyway, that doesn't matter.

NetBSD 5.99.23-8-2010 panic's as soon as postgres starts.

So I think I'm going back to 5.1 or 5.0

Darren