Re: shutting out dictionary attacks on ssh passwords

On Nov 17,  8:14am, "Erik E. Fair" wrote:
}
} For those of us with public IP addresses, what is the most popular
} and effective way to shut out the various door-knob turners who
} keep trying account/password combinations again ssh and other such
} services?

     In my case, move my SSH server to a different port.  I haven't had
a single dictionary scan since then of which I'm aware.  My current
logs go back to Nov. 4th, 2009.

}-- End of excerpt from "Erik E. Fair"