82576 hardware vlan tagging dysfunctional?

I have a system with 82576 Ethernet.  Modulo an annoying problem with
igphy (always negotiating at 100/full) that I worked around by switching
to ukphy, it seemed to be working all right.

I didn't turn any offload on, as I understand it's believed to be broken
with this chip and our driver right now.

However, I just tried to switch the system over to tagged VLAN operation
and see that though the TCP handshake seems to complete, many subsequent
packets appear to be lost.

Has anyone else experienced this?

--
Thor Lancelot Simon                                    tls%panix.com@localhost
  "All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all