Re: Mdns

> Christiano,
>
> What's the status of your project?
>
> Is there any support for Wide-Area Bonjour (WAB)?  I am trying to set up
> WAB on my NetBSD boxes using the tools in the base system (nss_mdnsd,
> mdnsd).  It's not working, and to debug mDNSResponder will probably take
> weeks.
>
> Dave

Hi Dave,

I do not support WAB, I haven't read enough of it to make a decision
if I'll support it in the future.
The idea sounds nice though.

On the status,
I've just added support for client programs to publish services, the
browsing and all the querier capabilities are fully functional.
Responder is also fully functional, but as the library isn't a proper
shared object yet, you can only publish services by the command line
interface (mdnsctl).

Support for multiple interfaces is there but highly untested, the
library is not ABI compatible with avahi, I intend to support it
someday.

I'll  release an 'alpha' version this month, as soon as I fix some
publishing issues.