Re: iwn 5100AGN for netbsd-5

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 04:35:35PM -0600, Chuck Zmudzinski wrote:
> I saw in the mailing list archives a few weeks back that iwn(4) for
> 5100/5300 AGN devices was working in netbsd-current but hasn't been
> ported to netbsd-5 yet.  I decided to try and get it working in
> netbsd-5 with minimal changes to the netbsd-5 kernel sources.
>
> I got it working to the point I could run 'dhcp iwn0' and get a
> dhcp lease, but pinging the router gave me this error from arp:
>
> arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo on iwn0 for 192.168.6.1
>
> See the copy of my message to netbsd-users about how my patch to netbsd-5
> kernel source was constructed.
>
> If anyone can direct me about how to fix this error in arp, let me
> know. Would it require a lot of work, or a simple fix?

I think it's a difference in network stack between -current and netbsd-5,
most probably a difference in the way a network driver interfaces with
sys/net/if_ethersubr.c
You may be missing a call to a function which is not present anymore in
-current. You should probably compare what your driver is doing in
initialisation and ioctl functions with another, working ethernet driver.